Hydrotherapy means “healing using water”. We have invested in a state of the art Underwater Treadmill (UWTM). It has an enormous 2.4m internal chamber as well as an incline and decline facility.
Why use a UWTM instead of a hydrotherapy pool?….. The Underwater Treadmill offers absolute flexibility for patient rehabilitation or fitness whilst enabling the correct weight bearing level required for maximum benefit or healing. The UWTM enables the muscles and joints to function in the same way as they would on land therefore ensuring the most appropriate joint function and gait re-education.
Cost per session depends on the reason for use. As an example a fitness/weight control session will cost £30 but a more complex case that might require more than one hydrotherapist may cost up to £60 (cost is graded dependent upon severity of each case).
Hydrotherapy is beneficial in treating :-
- Post orthopaedic surgery such as hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, cranial cruciate ligament, luxating patella and spinal surgery
- Conservative management of common orthopaedic conditions above
- Rehabilitation following soft tissue, muscular, tendon & ligament injuries
- Canine sporting injuries
- Neurological dysfunction
- Management of Osteoarthritis
Benefits include :-
- Increased strength & muscle mass
- Reeduction in swelling & pain
- Increased flexibility & joint function
- Mental stimulation
- Increased proprioceptive skills
- Increased cardiovascular fitness